Broken Capillaries Treatment Specialist in Coquitlam, BC
Broken capillaries are swollen blood vessels that appear just beneath the skin’s surface. Sun exposure, heredity, aging skin, and a variety of other factors may cause it. Spider veins can appear anywhere on the body; however, they are most common on the face and legs. After assessing the state of your skin, Dr. David Owers, MD, and his team at Ageless 3.0 provide a range of treatments to address specific skin concerns and help to determine which treatments are most effective for your needs. For more information, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit 307, 1192 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam, BC V3E 1J7.
Table of Contents:
Broken capillaries, also known as spider veins, are commonly found on the face or legs and can be caused by a variety of things, including certain medical conditions, pregnancy, genetics, and injury. In the majority of cases, broken capillaries are harmless and only pose an aesthetic concern. If you notice you have broken capillaries, don’t worry; there are several ways to treat this issue. The experts at Ageless 3.0 can assess your skin’s condition to determine the best treatment approach for you.
Some of the most common causes of broken capillaries on the face are:
• Sun exposure – The sun’s harmful UV rays weaken the collagen in the skin, making blood vessels more susceptible to damage. If you tan often or don’t use sunscreen regularly, spider veins may appear.
• Aging skin – As the skin ages, it naturally loses collagen and elasticity. This can result in weakened blood vessels that are prone to rupture and the formation of spider veins.
• Genetics – Genetic factors influence the strength of blood vessel walls. So, if you have a family history of fragile blood vessels, you may be predisposed to broken capillaries.
• Rosacea – Rosacea is a chronic skin condition characterized by redness and flushing. This condition causes the blood vessels near the surface of the skin to dilate. Chronic dilation can lead to the development of visible broken capillaries.
• Injury or trauma – Physical injury or trauma to the skin, such as a bruise, can damage delicate capillaries.
• Changes in weather or pressure – Sudden and intense changes in weather or pressure can cause spider veins to appear.
• Alcohol consumption – Excessive alcohol consumption dilates blood vessels, leading to increased blood flow near the surface of the skin. If you have fragile blood vessels and regularly drink alcohol, it’s common to notice broken capillaries on your face.
• Environmental pollutants – Exposure to certain pollutants can damage the condition of your skin as well as make broken blood vessels visible.
There are no methods to safely and effectively get rid of broken capillaries at home. However, several professional approaches can be used to successfully treat spider veins. The most common way of targeting redness and reducing the visibility of broken capillaries is laser treatment. Another great method of addressing spider veins is light treatment, such as an IPL (intense pulse light) Photofacial.
The treatment that will be selected for you will be based on your preferences and an evaluation of your skin’s condition. The treatments offered at Ageless 3.0 are designed to achieve your goals in a minimally invasive and convenient way. Overall, if broken capillaries are affecting your appearance or your confidence, our talented specialists are here to help.
At Ageless 3.0, there are a variety of treatments available to target unwanted redness, spider veins, hyperpigmentation, and many other cosmetic concerns. Our treatments for broken capillaries include:
• Fractional Pixel Resurfacing – This laser-based skin rejuvenation treatment targets small areas of the skin to create controlled thermal injuries. Through this minimally invasive process, the skin’s natural healing mechanisms are triggered. By promoting collagen synthesis, Fractional Pixel Resurfacing enhances skin elasticity and reduces the visibility of broken blood vessels.
• IPL Photofacial – IPL Photofacial treatments involve the use of broad-spectrum light to treat areas of unwanted pigmentation. When light energy is absorbed by hemoglobin in blood vessels, it causes them to coagulate and fade.
• Sylfirm X – This treatment combines radiofrequency energy micro-pulses with microneedling to effectively target unwanted redness. With Sylfirm X, you can address pigmentation as well as unlock a refreshed complexion.
To find out which of these treatments is the right one for your concerns, schedule a visit with one of our specialists. We’re here to help you unlock the most radiant and confident version of yourself!
Ageless 3.0 offers effective methods of treatment, including lasers, to eradicate or decrease many forms of broken capillaries. For more information, please contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit 307, 1192 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam, BC V3E 1J7. We serve clients from Coquitlam BC, Port Coquitlam BC, Port Moody BC, New Westminster BC, Maple Ridge BC, Burnaby BC, and surrounding areas.